Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Last Stop Before the Waiting List

Yesterday was our 7 year wedding anniversary!

It was also our appointment to have our fingerprints done for the FBI. There was a moment when we weren't sure if we were going to make it to our appointment, but in the end we were allowed in and everything went smoothly. We should have the results in a few weeks and after a quick review of our paperwork we expect to be put on the waiting list for a child :)

My (Lauren) heart is still heavy about such a long delay before Ugi comes home. A month ago I would have been crying tears of joy to hit such a milestone in our journey. Yesterday a part of me felt numb. I had allowed myself to create so many hopes and dreams centered around our son coming home this year. The thought of another holiday without him is hard to bare. My instinct is to guard my heart and refuse to allow myself to love again. I will not let this happen. This week the lyrics to Matt Hammitt's "All of Me" are challenging me not to give up on our journey.

Afraid to love
Something that could break
Could I move on
If you were torn away?
And I'm so close to what I can't control
I can't give you half my heart
And pray He makes you whole

(Chorus)
You're gonna have all of me
You're gonna have all of me
'Cause you're worth every falling tear
You're worth facing any fear
You're gonna know all my love
Even if it's not enough
Enough to mend our broken hearts
But giving you all of me is where I'll start

I won't let sadness steal you from my arms
I won't let pain keep you from my heart
I'll trade the fear of all that I could lose
For every moment I [will one day] share with you

[and one day when we finally get to hold him I know this is what I'll sing]

Heaven brought you to this moment, it's too wonderful to speak
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me
So let me recklessly love you, even if I bleed
You're worth all of me, you're worth all of me

It's where I'll start
   

No comments:

Post a Comment