Thursday, November 20, 2014

Celebrating Faithfulness

This past Sunday our parents and our church threw us a shower for Isaac and the orphanage. It was a beautiful day and we are so thankful for all of the little outfits and gift cards we received. They will make our first few months at home much smoother.

I wanted to share here what I shared that day.

I am so thankful that so many people made time to come and celebrate with us. I know all of you and I know that many of you are facing great battles. From cancer to infertility to planning a marriage or new careers, there are many things we are all trusting God with right now. For me, Sunday (& the shower) was a day where we got to celebrate a God that is faithful to complete the works that he starts in us (Philippians 1:6). I serve a God that leads us to things bigger than ourselves. We could not have taken a step on this journey without him and we know that he used all of you from the first pancake breakfast to the moments when we needed a shoulder to cry on. Thank you all for being there for us every step of the way.

Here are some photos from the day. I am so glad we will have these to show Isaac all of the love and support he has in his new forever family and friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment