Friday, December 12, 2014

He Always Knows What I Need

Last night we learned that the family before us failed their medical review. All of the children at our orphanage have been vaccinated for TB which means they test positive on a TB test. The IOM (medical review) is now holding this family for an additional two weeks for TB treatment, but their child doesn't actually have TB. It is a heartbreaking situation, please pray for this family. A delay means they will be here until after the government offices break. They have already been here a long time and are now looking at Christmas apart for their families. Please also pray for us. Our agency is forwarding us some affidavits that we are hoping will allow us to skip the TB test and avoid this mess all together. In every step we wait on the God who is in control. Immediately after receiving this call I opened my devotional (Jesus Calling) to read this:
"I am working on your behalf. Bring me all your concerns, including your dreams. Talk with Me about everything, letting the LIght of My Presence shine on your hopes and plans. Spend time allowing My Light to infuse your dreams with life, gradually transforming them into reality. This is a very practical way of collaborating with Me. I, the creator of the universe, have designed to create with you. Do not try to hurry this process. If you want to work with Me, you have to accept my time frame. Hurry is not my nature, Abraham and Sarah had to wait many years for the fulfillment of My promise, a son. How their long wait intensified their enjoyment of this child. Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, perceiving as reafacet what wis not revealed to the senses."

Remind me again the name of Abraham and Sarah's child?... God is too funny sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. I wokeup this morning w lots of pain and this was in my meditation book for the day. I hope whatever you went through this time last year is better. Blessings

    ReplyDelete